The Junior League of Edmonton is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. Its purpose is exclusively educational and charitable.
The Junior League: Women around the world as catalysts for lasting community change.
- We will strive to listen and respond to community needs.
- We will make meaningful contributions through volunteer action.
- We will recognize, utilize and develop the skills of our members.
- We will provide formal and informal training to develop leadership skills.
- We will provide opportunities to apply our skills in a supportive organizational structure within the League and the community.
- We will learn from experienced members, sustainers and community contacts.
- Our image will be well known and distinct.
- We will strive to be well regarded in the community.
- Our organization will be flexible and responsive to balance membership, organizational and community needs.
- JLE members will be rewarded through involvement in the League with a sense of achievement, satisfaction in helping others, increased skills, friendship, networking and fun.