The Junior League of Edmonton is an organization of women committed to promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving the community through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. We provide the following volunteer opportunities for like-minded women in Edmonton:
Done in a Day (DIAD) are community projects that assist local organizations with hands-on, meaningful projects that make an impact within our community that can be done in one day or less. They usually take place in conjunction with our monthly meetings. DIADs usually support community projects of our Community Assistance Fund recipients but also local nonprofit organization’s in need of group volunteer support. The JLE invites you to come and join us for our next general meeting. Get to see how our organization works, meet some dynamic and energetic women while supporting your community.
See our calendar for the next DIAD. We hope to see you there!
We have three major fundraisers that go to support our Community Projects and our work in the Edmonton community. Each event is made possible by the help of our members and volunteers.
Read about our three fundraisers: Homes for the Holidays, Indulgence and Blackjack Ball here.
Volunteer benefits include:
- Free access to fundraising event perks (free home tour tickets, food & wine and more!)
- Experience working large and fun events
- Opportunity to connect with like-minded women
- Introduction to the league and its mission
- A chance to support local Edmonton nonprofit organizations
Become a Member
We invite all women who believe in the power of trained volunteers affecting community change, to apply for membership in the Junior League of Edmonton.
Membership in the Junior League of Edmonton gives you valuable volunteer experience that provides transferrable skills and training for your professional life. All new members have the opportunity to volunteer planning an event like Kids in the Kitchen benefiting Big Brothers Big Sisters Boys and Girls Club.
Active members have the opportunity to join one of our many committees such as sponorship, fundraising, communications, Homes for the Holidays and more! All committees vary in commitment but all skills and experience are welcome. The Board of Directors is integral to the success of the league and all members regardless of previous experience have the opportunity to be part of our leadership team.
Members of the the Junior League of Edmonton:
- Develop skills in fundraising, marketing, communications, training, organization and non-profit administration
- Improve the Edmonton and area community
- Participate in challenging and meaningful projects
- Develop friendships
- Obtain hands-on experience in community service and leadership
- Attend local, national and international conferences
- Enjoy membership in an international organization
- Enjoy social, networking and mentoring opportunities
Check out our calendar for upcoming new member information sessions.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list to be alerted about upcoming social events, volunteer programs or prospective member sessions, please email email@example.com