The first year of membership is called the provisional year. Provisional members complete an orientation program and a community project. In this year, members learn about the Junior League of Edmonton (JLE) organization, the community organizations we service and our fundraising activities. They also learn how to become an effective and trained volunteer.
Active members are those members who have successfully completed the provisional member requirements. Active members serve on an internal League committee. Placements typically run from May 1st – April 30th, which aligns with our fiscal year, but most of the work occurs September through May. Leadership positions are also available.
After 5 years of active membership, a member is eligible to become a sustaining member. Sustaining members continue to support the League and their community, however have a reduced financial requirement. These members are welcome to participate in all JLE opportunities (not mandatory), including various sustainer events held throughout the year, but are not required to take a placement.
- Dues: pay dues of $135.00
- Provisional Member Meetings: Attend new member meetings as scheduled
- Other Requirements: Complete the provisional member project, volunteer for a shift at Homes for the Holidays, participate in the planning/execution of JLE programs and/or fundraisers throughout the year
New Members will be accepted into Active membership at the Annual Banquet the following May.
- Dues: pay annual dues of $110.00
- Committee Meetings: Attend committee meetings and/or Board meetings (as applicable)
- Other Requirements: Volunteer for a shift at Homes for the Holidays, participate in the planning/execution of JLE programs and/or fundraisers throughout the year and attend League events [General Meetings, Membership Meetings, Training Sessions, or Done in a Day (DIAD) events].
- Dues: pay annual dues of $70.00.
- Other Requirements: Sustaining members may choose to sit on Active Committee(s) are eligible to vote and hold office and may request reclassification to Active Member, however are not required to.
How to Become a New Member
The Junior League of Edmonton welcomes new members every winter and fall. If you would like to join our next membership intake, please contact the current Membership Director.